Ok then…the title is a little racy, but the content is worth reading, in my honest opinion. Starting road racing at 57 years-of-age is a scary thing. My mind is always full of excuses, comparisons with others, and even irrational fears. If I can get past the objections of the mind, anyone can!
Does this sound like you?
• Why do I have thoughts and feelings I don’t want?
• I wish I felt more like an athlete.
• I don’t think I can.
• I don’t achieve my goals.
• Other athletes seem tougher, happier, and more badass than me.
• I feel fat.
• I don’t cope well with injury.
• People are worried about how much I exercise.
• I don’t like leaving my comfort zone.
• When the going gets tough, the tough leave me behind.
• I need to harden the f*ck up.
• I keep screwing up.
• I don’t handle pressure well.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.